Sunday, March 05, 2006

God works it all out- he is so good. We have a few members of a band staying with us for the next few days. As always we are blessed as we open our home. Tonight at church I was watching a woman in front of me just reach out and love on 2 homeless women who were staying at the shelter our church was providing. Tearfully I was praising God for her love, and for the fact that these women made it to the service to rock out with the band while they stayed here. I can’t imagine not having a home… Every day I walk around this house of ours in wonder at how God has provided for our growing family.

This week in the local paper there was an article about a Girl Scout troop that meets with their moms in the penitentiary. Every Saturday the girls run to their moms that can’t tuck them in at night, or make sure that they have eaten right but meet and do crafts and have a snack. I love that they can have a semi-normal thing like meeting once a week for scouting within an otherwise bare and hostile environment. I was so saddened to hear that the son of a close friend of my husband’s family violated parole and is now serving a sentence for the next 7 years. His son will be 15 when he is released… What a tragedy. I hope he can make a way to continue his relationship with his family.

No comments: