Saturday, April 15, 2006

dirt from the great outside
(from the inside)
not wanted
a filthy windstorm conveys

trying not to get polluted
or dirtied
or sullied
trying to keep clean

my only shield, my protector
as close as I wanna be
watches, waits for me to see
the stained cloth I could cling to

my attention wanders away
no broom that sweeps
no magic Clorox spray
slippery hands grasp things (slip away)

the world glitters and seduces
sparkles and blinds
dazzling sites, sound
caressed pupils widen- ears go deaf

the Living Word only-
sanctifies, revives
cleanes, purifies
all others are stiff bottomless cold lies

His: unsearchable truths
to detox and preserve
to knit and secure
so close- within my hold and my embrace

struggling, struggling as humans do
washing, scrubbing
grasping, pulling
when only His wash and fold will do

on my own, by my own device
smells of rubbish
decay and of death
But He has called me by name-

and washed me white as snow

No comments: