Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Sometimes I wonder...

"I don't know how you do it. I only have ___ children and I can barely handle that!"

I do not exist as a source from which you should yourself feel inadequate. I have no idea how to handle this comment with grace- one that I hear at least twice a week. I offer that only by God's grace can I get through- or that yes! I am blessed! I smile and move on, I even offer that God gives us all just what he know we need. Yes- I have a ton of kids, a busy life with many activities- true. But I am not around to make you feel bad about yourself.

"You have HOW MANY KIDS??? WHY?"
Really? You just asked me what? No conversation necessary. I walk.

"Did you always want a large family?/ Are you from a large family yourself?
No. No.

"Boy, have you got your hands full!"
Yup. Sure do- and my heart, and my house, and my 15 passenger van, and my table and I count it all blessing!

"Uh, do you all have a t.v.?/Don't you know how this happens?"
I am sorry that your love life is not as active as you would like, but please refrain from speaking about mine to me. Thanks.

Are you done yet?
None of your business. When God is done with me we are done.

No comments: