Monday, April 19, 2010

Gratitude Community

I am joining this great group today... The Gratitude Community. 1000 gifts I am thankful for.

holy experience


1. The sweet slumber of a newborn so his mommy can read and type and pray

2. the whir and churn of dishes getting washed while my hands remain dry

3. A husband who understands my procrastination

4. A friendly face in a scary place

5. Unexpected pink blossoms on a purple and white azalea

6. A giant table around which our giant family celebrates the end of the day at dinner

7. sketch books

8. Black pens with flowing ink ready to indulge my verse or sketch

9. 12 year old handwriting Proverbs 3:5-6 on the fridge today

10. my 11 year old deciding sarcasm was not good

11. smooth wooden banisters

12. pictures of "us" before we married

13. NOT "forsaking meeting together as some are in the habit of doing"

14. Chocolate + salt

15. Boosta in my hair

16. mommy facial=steaming pasta swishing in the colander

17. babies in hats

18. babies swaddled in green like a pea pod

19. Money feet

20 "yogrit"

21. double dimples

22. "double trouble" said by my double year old

23. leather seats with seat warmers (so the best)

24. a warm car cockpit on a cool spring day

25. daughters cleaning up dinner singing praises to God together

26. the slant of sun through the new maple leaves still shiny and dark from their birth

27. physical tiredness from a good, hard walk

28. spoonbread- all the golden, sweet softness of it. True comfort food.

29. "you don't look like a woman who just gave birth..." (oh DO say that again please!!)

30. neighbors bringing over cake for your kids after watching them do their chores together

31. Crystal vases

32. Cardamom with coffee

33. the truths of God's word daily brought home for me

34. memorizing Eph 2: 8-9 with my dear A. girl (who learned it before me!)

35. Giant strawberries.

No comments: